I need to get a replacement vehicle or get my car repaired. What should I do?

An attorney can help you navigate the process to seek recovery for the property damage to your vehicle or total loss of your vehicle right away.  You may be entitled to a claim for loss of use of your vehicle, if it was totaled, or diminished value of your vehicle if it was not totaled.  Make sure you are getting fully compensated for your total damages by consulting an attorney who handles insurance law and personal injury claims. Even if you dispute the fair value of your vehicle that was totaled, the insurance company has to give you the amount not in dispute (what they think it is worth) right away and you can continue to seek the difference.  See ORS 742.558